Thursday, June 1, 2017

Dear Doctor Michele

The Myofascial Pain "Doctor" Is In


OK.  To be clear and up front: I am not a doctor!  But I have always wanted to write an advice column, and more than once my happy patients have told me they want to call me "Doctor" anyway.  (I nip that in the bud, but compliment taken!)  So for advice-column purposes I can be "Doctor" in the go-to answer-woman sense of the word.

Google any product or project with the word "doctor" after it and someone out there is calling themselves the Car Doctor, the Soup Doctor, the Knitting Doctor.  Trouble is, I'm in allied healthcare, so if I call myself the Muscle Pain Doctor, it's not obvious that I'm being tongue-in-cheek, and I get myself into trouble.  Better to be the Cookie Doctor!  And while I do make a mean pan of shortbread, this blog is to help people understand as much as possible about how their pain can be reduced or eliminated.

While things are getting off the ground here, I'll supply some fake "Dear Dr. Michele" questions and answers, based on real questions that people ask me all the time.  I am not a doctor, but I am an LMT with over 600 hours of training in Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy and over 20 years in practice, so ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment