Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Patient Stories: Car Accident

Physical therapy, massage, and chiropractic didn't help...


I was cleaning out my inbox the other day and found this testimonial gem from 2012. Apologies to Ms Thomas; she wrote me this wonderful review and I set it aside until I got my blog set up, then forgot to post! Still every bit as relevant today though:

I was experiencing a lot of pain in my back, hips, and neck.


I had a car accident five months ago. I was fortunate to have no signs of any broken bones, but I was experiencing a lot of pain in my back, hips, and neck. After getting physical therapy, massages and chiropractic treatment, I had no relief. It was just getting worse. I hurt everywhere. I couldn’t sleep at night, I struggled to get out of my car, up from a chair after sitting and definitely had a hard time walking any short distance. My chiropractor actually suggested I get a massage. It did feel better…for a day. In addition to my new found pains, I also was suffering from plantar fasciitis pain in my feet. I have had several steroid injections over the years to address this pain. I was at the point where just getting out of bed and keeping my head up all day was extremely difficult. Living with constant pain while you are just doing your normal routine can get to be exhausting and depressing. I was starting to believe and accept this was a normal state for me; that I was just getting older!

The payoff for me is when I sleep through the night comfortably...

 I was desperate for help so I decided to search for a massage therapist on the internet. To my now pleasant surprise, I found the Pain Free Maryland website. I have had several treatments now and feel like a different person. I can actually get through the day without thinking about how bad it feels to sit, walk, or sleep. Today, I actually feel lighter! As days pass, I just feel relieved and grateful! The payoff for me is when I sleep through the night comfortably and get up in the morning and place my feet on the floor, there is no pain. The rest of the day will follow suit! I am so pleased with my improvement, I am taking my teenage daughter to deal with her headaches and chronic neck pains as a result of a fall.

If you’ve tried various treatments that are not giving you relief, I highly recommend that you give myofascial trigger point therapy a try. 


This is not your grandmother’s massage! You won’t get the candles, floral scents and background music with ambiance (but there is a very friendly cat!). It is very focused, stress-relieving pressure on trigger points and stretching. If you’ve tried various treatments that are not giving you relief, I highly recommend that you give myofascial trigger point therapy a try. Don’t get caught up on the long phrase. You can always use it later to impress your friends at a party!

J. Thomas Silver Spring, Maryland

No comments:

Post a Comment